Wednesday, December 10, 2008
If you didn't get to the TIES Conference this year, touch base with someone who did. Our district sent many more people this year than in the past. It was really great to see the excitement of the classroom teachers as they learned from some really great presenters. If you want to see notes from some of the presentations go to http://reviewcommittee.wikispaces.com/TIES+Conference+Notes to see what attendees thought of what they saw. If you want to see the presentations themselves, go to http://wiki.ties.k12.mn.us/. It's the next best thing to being there!
Here are a few highlights. Feel free to add to the list!
1. Daniel Pink's Opening Session - he really makes it all make sense!
2. Ben Friesen's presentation on his Middle School Elective Class based entirely on web-based tools. I left wishing I taught a class just like that!
3. Mark Garrison's presentation on Adding Images, Audio, and Video into Your Classroom. I need to learn more about Alice Isen's research!
4. Tim Wilson's presentation on where technology is going over the next 10 years. Scary, yet exciting, all at the same time!
5. So many great conversations. Thanks to Carl Anderson, Dave Eisenmann, Mark Garrison, Lisa DeRoy, Matt Robinson, the Wayzata staff who attended, and many others I was able to bounce ideas off of and listen to your great ideas. I wish we could do it more often!